There are key features that are designed to help your POS Restaurant system operate the front-of-house simpler and create a unity between the kitchen and the dining hall! Here are 6 key features every Restaurant POS system should have!
If you are running a restaurant, we supper you are using a Point of Sale system to perform all of your orders and transactions. Even though a POS system’s most popular function is to process transactions, there are some POS features that are specifically created to cater to the restaurant’s needs.
There are key features that are designed to help your POS Restaurant system operate the front-of-house simpler and successfully create a unity between the kitchen and the dining hall.
Here are the 6 key features every good Restaurant Point of Sale system should have:
- Reports: The most popular restaurant POS systems like Breadcrumb have sales reports that provide an overview of the important sales information and menu intelligence report that can offer important information about what is selling and what is not so wanted among your guests.
- Customized menu: A good POS restaurant system will allow you to customize the interface and suits you menu and floor plan just perfectly. You can also customize what changes can be made to dishes and organize the courses.
- Customer database: The POS systems are essential for the data they store about the loyal customers and help you provide a better service for your regular guests. You can also use the system to save anniversaries, birthdays, and other information about your customers.
- Automated inventory integration: An important restaurant POS feature is integration with the back-of-the-house platform so that you can automate inventory tracking. POS Restaurant systems like Breadcrumb, Square, and Clover integrate with the back-of-the-house platform.
- Tableside ordering: Many Point of Sale systems meet Restaurant needs by offering customer-facing checkout service. Tableside ordering is a key feature in POS Restaurant systems and allows you to take orders faster.
- Cloud services: The Restaurant Point of Sale platforms are designed on the cloud meaning all the activity is accessible to staff members. This allows owners and managers to check the business and see what is happening without having to be physically present.
By keeping these features in mind, you will know which POS system suits your Restaurant and which system doesn’t. These features will help you make the right decision!